There are so many delicious dishes that include mixed vegetables, and they are seasoned and spiced to make the dish unique. There are so many easy and excellent recipes involving mixed vegetables that your kids will love, and you can always add a side of protein to it, such as fish or lean meat.
You can also put your mixed vegetables on a bed of pasta or rice. The sky is the limit. First, however, let’s go over a few delicious mixed vegetable recipes that you and your family will love.
These are some recipes that you cannot ever go wrong with because they are that good!
Check out more recipes using vegetables, HERE.
Mixed Vegetable Recipes
Mixed Vegetable Bake
If you are looking for a delicious mixed vegetable recipe, you will love the mixed vegetable bake. You and your family can enjoy preparing the dish together.
However, before that, you will need to head to the grocery store and pick up the following ingredients:
- Four medium red potatoes to cut into one-eighth-inch slices
- Two medium carrots to cut into one-quarter of an inch slices
- One large onion cut into one-quarter-inch slices
- One medium zucchini cut into one-quarter-inch slices
- One medium red bell pepper cut into one-quarter-inch slices
- Two teaspoons of chopped garlic
- One teaspoon of dehydrated tarragon leaves
- One teaspoon of dry thyme leaves
- One-quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil
- One-half teaspoon of salt
- One-half teaspoon of pepper
Step # 1: You will want to preheat the oven to 400 Farhenheit or 204.4 Celcius
Step # 2: Prepare your vegetables by chopping them
Step # 3: Then take a baking dish and spray it with non-stick spray
Step # 4: Put the onions, carrots, and potatoes into the container and take half of the oil, thyme, salt, pepper, tarragon, and garlic, and put it on there.
Step # 5: Place the dish into the oven and allow it to cook for about ten minutes.
Step # 6: As the first round of it cooks, take a bowl and place the zucchini and pepper into it.
Step # 7: Then, in addition to the rest of the oil and spices, mix them up. Next, please take out the baking dish from the oven and then add the mixture to it.
Step # 8: Then, please put it back into the oven for another half-hour, and stir once within that timeframe.
Step # 9: After that, allow it to cool for several minutes and enjoy!
Check out Passover Vegetables Recipes
Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables
You cannot go wrong with any stir-fry because they are incredibly delicious and easy to make. Here is an easy mixed vegetable stir-fry recipe that you are going to love.
You will want to head over to the supermarket and grab the following:
- One-half small cauliflower and chop it into small florets
- One medium brown onion sliced and halved
- Two green trimmed onions and cut them into six-inch strips
- One medium carrot, peeled
- Two garlic cloves, crushed
- One-half small cabbage sliced
- One long sliced red chili
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One-half cup of chicken broth
- One-quarter of a cup of water
- One and a half teaspoons of cornflour
Step # 1: Take your wok or skillet and place the oil in it as you put it on a medium-high heat setting.
Step # 2: Toss in the chili, onion, and garlic, and stir-fry it for about two minutes.
Step # 3: At that point, the onions should be soft, and then you will want to put the heat setting high.
Step # 4: Then toss in the green onion, carrots, and cauliflower florets and stir-fry them for about three minutes until they become soft.
Step # 5: Next, take a cup and take one-quarter of a cup of water and the cornflour and stir them together.
Step # 6: Then add the chicken broth and the cornflour mixture to the vegetables and stir-fry it for two minutes.
Step # 7: At that point, the sauce will boil and become thick. Then add the cabbage, and stir-fry it for a minute, so it wilts.
Step # 8: The final thing to do is to add the salt and pepper and then serve!
Check out Roasted Chicken with Vegetable Recipes
Zesty Mixed Vegetables
If you are in the mood for a vegetable side dish to have some zest, you will love the following mixed vegetable recipe. You and your family can enjoy preparing it.
You will want to add the following ingredients to your shopping list so you can enjoy this recipe:
- One medium onion cut into ten to 15 wedges
- One medium carrot cut into one-quarter-inch slices
- One medium zucchini cut into one-quarter-inch slices
- One head of broccoli cut into florets
- One-half cup of water
- One-quarter cup of Italian salad dressing
- One-quarter cup of dried oregano
Step # 1: Take a non-stick wok or skillet, and then you will want to pour the water and toss in the carrots to bring it to a boil on a high heat setting.
Step # 2: Then once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-high and allow it to simmer for about five minutes.
Step # 3: Then you will want to toss the zucchini, onion, and broccoli into the skillet.
Step # 4: Next, set the heat up to high, so it begins to boil again.
Step # 5: Once it boils, reduce the heat to medium-high, so it simmers for two minutes.
Step # 6: Then add the oregano and dressing, and stir and cook it for four minutes or until there is little liquid left with soft vegetables.
Step # 7: Then it is ready to serve!
Now you have some mixed vegetable recipes ‘ that you can try with your family. Those three above are examples of some delicious and easy ones you can use, and they are perfect side dishes for your dinner.
They go well with any meat dish. The stir-fries and the vegetable bake can go well with pork, lamb, chicken, turkey, and fish, to name a few. And you can also add some pasta or rice to the stir-fries if you like as that is a delicious option for you.
Either way, you will enjoy at least one of those recipe options, and there are many other mixed vegetable recipes you can find online too.
Learn everything about gardening HERE.